Subscribe by email

Follow

Tuesday, 7 June 2016

5 TIPS to get you through your degree




Morning my fellow ChattaBox's,

I have been a bit quiet on the blogging front for the past few months because I'm at the end of my degree. I'm totally and utterly panicking and stressed out by the whole thing. I know a lot of you are probably feeling the same way, so I just wanted to write this post in order to not only help myself but help you too!

Here are my little tips to get you through the last year of your degree!

1. Prepare - There is one thing I have learnt over the years and that's if you don't take the time and do the work, you aren't going to get very far. Leaving everything to the last minute just causes added stress and anxiety. I'm not saying I'm an angel, I'm terrible at this, but I'm really trying to make an extra effort to keep on top of the work.

2. Relax - Working all the time just won't cut it. You have to take time out for yourself, otherwise you will just get burnt out and then you won't be able to do any work at all! Go for a walk, see some friends or do some mindfulness (I find this really helps). I would recommend downloading an app called Pacifica, it tracks your mood and you can set daily goals. There is also a relaxation section where you can take five minutes out to be mindful. This soothing lady's voice guides you along and you can choose a soundscape as background noise. I love the Summer Nights one, there is something peaceful about hearing birds tweeting.

3. Seek Advice - Going through the last stages of a degree can be very pressurising and make you feel alone. Always make sure you have support around you, whether that be friends, family, tutors or even your cat! Keep communicating and if you have any worries share them.

4. Do the best you can - Just remember this is one stage of your life, that actually goes very quickly. It may feel very overwhelming and like it's the end of the world but actually this is just a small part of your story. It's so easy to compare yourself to others and think well they are getting a first so why aren't I? We are all different and some people find academic work easier than others. It doesn't mean you are a failure or not good enough if you aren't getting top grades. There are plenty of well known people out there that don't even have GCSE's but they are still making millions.

5. Look after yourself - It's so easy to fall into the trap of pulling all nighters, eating comfort foods and letting yourself go a bit! Really try hard to get into a good routine, make sure you have an early bed time and eat healthy foods which will keep your brain going! Take vitamins to help boost your system and do some exercise three times a week. Keeping a healthy balance will enable you to keep going and help you to finish that dreaded dissertation!

I hope this helps and please pass this on to anyone you know who is struggling at the moment! As always leave your comments below and if you have any other tips that might be useful let me know, I would love to hear from you!

Love, 
ChattaBox x

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.